18 Days until the Greatest Show on Turf!
On Saturday 20 October 2012, Ascot Racecourse will host the second running of the QIPCO British Champions Day, the grand finale of the British Flat Racing season and one of the world’s greatest horseracing occasions. So why is this day so set to be so special?
- It’s the most valuable day in horseracing history, with £3 million in prize money
- The magnificent Frankel takes to the track for his final race – unbeaten and worth over £100 million
- Many of Europe’s finest racehorses will be competing in five Championship races – last year the Day attracted six of the world’s top ten horses
- A star-studded cast of jockeys will be riding, including British Champions Series ambassador Frankie Dettori – in 2011, ten previous champion riders competed
- A sell-out crowd of 32,000 will witness the most important day in the Flat racing calendar – all tickets were snapped up before the end of September
- Many of the equestrian medallists from the 2012 Games will be guests on the Day, with riders from both the Olympic and Paralympic Equestrian Teams having confirmed their attendance
- It can all be seen live on TV, by tuning into BBC TV, Racing UK (Sky 432) or Attheraces (Sky 415) from 1.30pm
For more information on QIPCO British Champions Series, the World's finest Flat racing, CLICK HERE.
There's loads of prizes to be won on lovetheraces.com, and loads of ways to win them, from imparting knowledge to just looking good.