Few racecourses in the world enjoy a setting like Chester. With atmosphere in abundance, the ‘Roodee’ is situated within a stone’s throw of the city centre, on the flood plains of the river Dee, and flanked by the city’s Roman remains.
The close proximity of the racegoers to the action provides a memorable environment as the horses thunder past the City’s ancient walls around the track’s unique bends.
Chester’s season starts with a bang when the racing fraternity floods to the North West for the annual May meeting when the entire city head to the Rodee for three days of quality fashion and fun.
And look out for those famous Chester weekends, when it seems like the entire North West of England gets dressed up to the nines for a glamorous day out!
Upcoming Event highlight
- Second June Meeting, 2013 (Chester)
The Racecourse, Chester, Cheshire, CH1 2LY
- Well done Rob!
- Chester Races Tomorrow
- Chester Races Intro - Jono Molloy
- Roodee Fact of the Day - Jono Molloy
- Parade Ring and Glory Hole - Jono Molloy
- End of the Day Chester Races 9th July 2011 - Jono Molloy
- My Day at Chester Races
- 2011 King George
- Show Us Your Tips!!
- Chester Races: Hollyoaks and Heavy Rock; 'Gee Gees' and a Glamorous Spirit at Ladies Evening!
- Fashion at the Races: Best Dressed Lady at Chester