Situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty, the picturesque Wye Valley provides a breathtaking backdrop to the impressive racing calendar at Chepstow racecourse, culminating in the historic Welsh National at the end of December.
Ideally located between Bristol and Cardiff, the racecourse is easily accessible being just a few minutes from the Severn Bridge.
Chepstow Racecourse hosts a mixture of Jump and Flat meetings. The variety of weekend, evening, Bank Holiday and midweek meetings mean that you can enjoy exciting racing action at a time that best suits you and with their popular themed meetings, there really is something for everyone.
Upcoming Event highlight
- Whitsun Meeting, 2013 (Chepstow)
Chepstow Racecourse, Chepstow, Monmouthshire, NP16 6BE
- Interview with Trainer Rod Millman
- Interview with 84 year old regular Chepstow racegoer Jack Maclean
- Interview with two Chepstow regular racegoers whose uncle Keith Goldsworthy saddled a winner!
- Interview with owner Jean of the Runthatbymeagain partnership at Chepstow Races
- Meet the Mill House syndicate who had two horses running at Chepstow
- Two more owners with Tony Carroll - Sue and Ollie
- Chepstow: the Jumps Season starts in Earnest
- CHEPSTOW: A Course of truly Breathtaking Scenery, great socialising, and Heritage: The Persian War Hurdle and The Tote Silver Trophy
- The Coral Welsh National Chepstow
- Another Raceday at Chepstow. Part one: Fashion: Tweed; 'S and M and M and S'; and ‘clothes to snare a millionaire’
- Getting Ready for the Races: Vintage Style
- Assembling a great winter fashion look for Jumps racing on a budget
- Steaming horses at Chepstow
- Welsh national winner Dream Alliance on Parade at Chepstow: A real star
- Scenery, a challenging undulating Course and a spectacular day out
- William Hogarth finishes 4th in the big race - I interview Jessica Goldsworthy the trainer's niece
- The Persian War heritage; Avonbridge; Oakgrove Stud and Chepstow
- Sarah Price (nee Kent) discusses Point to Pointing and Chepstow legend Hobo
- View of the scenic backdrop of Chepstow
- Eliza interviews Keith Ottersen Clerk of the Course Chepstow
- Singers at the Welsh National Chepstow
- The Dream Team: The Dream Team: The boys from the Valleys tell Eliza about their fairy tale horse
- Eliza interviews Pat Murphy Trainer of Welsh National Favourite Maktu
- Enter the Jockeys..greeted into the paddock by children of the Noah's Ark Appeal
- Mae Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau: Sara Kempe sings the National Anthem; Welsh National
- Tommo calls the Jockeys into the Parade Ring for the Welsh National!
- The Runners and Riders circle at the tapes for the Coral Welsh National
- The Coral Welsh National - the finish: McCoy and Synchronised win!
- McCoy and Synchronised and the placed Horses and Jockeys Welsh National